Monday, August 2, 2010

Faces of Kalinga



It was a hot Saturday morning,
The sun, was up and shining.
When I arrived at this new place,
Tired, exhausted ans dazed.


Yet, work had to be done,
I guess, there isn't time for fun.
There, they were, smiling.
Their kind faces -- bright and beaming.


The days passed by swiftly,
I adapted to the environment quickly.
Their laughter, echo's through my ears.
Their joys, problems and fears.


These young, vibrant youth,
Struggling in search for truth.
Eager to learn and grow.
Hoping, that today, would be, as bright as tomorrow.


Then, like all beginnings,
There are endings.
As I pass by the places I've been,
Their faces, flashed like a dream.


As i was leaving the place,
Memories of these youth I'll embrace.
Their hopes, dreams and visions -- I pray,
They'll achieve someday.


I thank God above,
For giving the gift of love.
For they have touched my life,
-- A treasure that is very hard to find.

originally written by jigs on July 10, 1996 dedicated to my first students from PNRC Kalinga Apayao, as a BLT instructor for the Red Cross Youth - PNRC from June 22 - 30, 1996 - KASC, KCLC,TI

No comments: